Below: Top Ten Reasons Why Mike Pence has Indiana Falling Behind the Rest of the USA
INDIANAPOLIS – Welcome to the state of Indiana! For the seasoned campaigners and media visiting this great state, the Indiana Democratic Party today would like to fully extend our Hoosier Hospitality (or what’s left of it) your way.
For starters, check out the “Mike Pence Scorecard” for a helpful guide to getting the lay of the land for the Hoosier State, including the IDP’s very own “Top Ten” reasons why Mike Pence is hurting the state of Indiana.
“Mike Pence may be unusually mum on his endorsement in the GOP presidential primary, but his record as governor speaks volumes as he has consistently caused the state to lose business and has put Hoosiers further behind the rest of the nation,” said John Zody, Chairman. “From signing RFRA – which caused Indiana a $250 million economic panic – to allowing worker wages to plummet to 38th in per capita income, Mike Pence is crippling the state’s well-being while causing Hoosiers to fall short of reaching their full potential. Simply put, Donald Trump and Ted Cruz may campaign on an out-of-touch, divisive message, but Mike Pence has put it into practice. Hoosiers are ready to fire Mike Pence this November.”
So kick back and enjoy your stay in the Crossroads of America (kind of)! And if you disagree with how great Indiana is – Mike Pence will have his “JustIN” team erase your opinions away.
Top 10 Reasons Why Mike Pence has Indiana Falling Behind the Rest of the USA
10) With over 1,700 bridges deemed as structurally deficient [Federal Highway Administration] and $71 million of wasted faulty asphalt [Indianapolis Star, 9.21.15], Mike Pence has put Indiana on the brink of losing its coveted “Crossroads of America” reputation.
9) After state Republicans cut resources for health care clinics in rural Indiana in 2013, the state of Indiana saw the worst HIV outbreak in state history in 2015. – [USA Today, 4.28.15]
8) Mike Pence denied the state an $80 million grant that could have helped create a statewide Pre-K system in favor of a pilot program in just a fraction of Indiana. – [Indianapolis Star, 10.16.14]
7) Mike Pence and Statehouse Republicans repealed the common construction wage laws, allowing union worker wages to go down and the expanding the wage gap to grow in our state. – [NWI Times, 5.6.15]
6) Mike Pence signed the Religious Freedom Restoration Act in a closed door ceremony [FOX 59, 3.26.15], throwing Indiana into a $250 million economic panic. – [The Advocate, 7.10.15]
5) Hoosier women make 75 cents for every dollar a man earns. – [AAUW, 2015]
4) Hoosiers make 86 cents for every one American dollar earned. – [Indianapolis Star, 6.1.15]
3) Indiana ranks 38th in per capita income, down from 33rd in 2004. – [NWI Times, 03.2016]
2) Indiana ranks 46th in quality of life, 42nd in workforce. – [CNBC]
1) Indiana ranks LAST in economic growth in the Midwest. – [NWI Times, 6.10.15]