The Indiana Democratic Party is offering a very exciting opportunity for talented and dedicated individuals interested in gaining experience in the fast-paced world of politics. The Party is seeking to fill internship roles at its headquarters in Indianapolis. This is an outstanding opportunity to get hands-on experience working in the office of a state political party and contribute to the success of all of our Democratic candidates.
- Valuable skills and firsthand insight into the inner workings of the political and legislative process
- Networking with Indiana Democratic Party leaders, activists, staff, candidates and elected officials
- Enhanced communication and organizational skills
- Work as part of a dedicated team that is interested in your personal development
- This position is an unpaid internship, but interns will be provided with free parking and opportunities for future training, travel, permanent positions, and career advancement in the field.
- We will work with academic institutions if interns are seeking college credit for this internship. Interns must submit the proper paperwork to the Party and their school.
Interns will provide administrative support to party staff. Responsibilities may include:
- campaign research
- voter outreach
- data entry
- assistance with local campaign events
- special projects
Applicants must be:
- passionate about Democratic politics
- trustworthy and responsible
- able to communicate effectively with others
- flexible and willing to help when needed
- able to work on multiple tasks at once
Start/End Dates and Schedule
Applications for the Spring of 2020 will be accepted on a rolling basis.
The application window for the Summer of 2020 will close on February 21 at 5 PM EST.
Applications for the Fall of 2020 will be accepted on a rolling basis.
Fall and Spring interns must commit to working a minimum of 20 hours per week; Summer interns must work 30 hours per week. The Party will be flexible on days and times, as well as start and end dates, to help accommodate class and work schedules of interns.
How to Apply
Interested applicants need to submit their cover letter, resume, and three professional references to Zoe King at email@example.com.
Email Zoe or call 317-231-7122 for more information.