Indiana Democratic Party 2014 Internship Program
The Indiana Democratic Party is seeking talented and dedicated individuals to fill internship roles at its headquarters in Indianapolis. This is an outstanding opportunity to get hands-on experience working in the exciting office of a state political party. Positions will be awarded through a competitive application process.
The Party Internship Program will consist of three intern classes that coincide with the collegiate school calendar of Spring, Summer, and Fall. The number of interns accepted will depend on the Party's needs for that semester. Each intern must commit to working a minimum of 20 hours per week. The Party will be flexible on days and times to help accommodate class and work schedules. This is an unpaid internship.
Interns will provide administrative support to party staff and gain valuable skills and firsthand insight into the inner workings of the political process. Responsibilities may include:
- assistance with local campaign events
Applicants must be:
- passionate about Democratic politics
- trustworthy and responsible
- able to communicate effectively with others
- flexible and willing to help when needed
- able to work on multiple tasks at once
- Internship start and end dates will be flexible based upon intern schedules and school calendars.
Receiving College Credit
- Interns seeking college credit for this internship must submit the proper paperwork to the Party and their school.
- Application Deadline for Spring 2014 (working January-May) is Friday, December 13.
- Application Deadline for Summer 2014 (working May-August) is Tuesday, April 1.
- Application Deadline for Fall 2014 (working August-December) is Thursday, July 31.
How to Apply