Indiana Democratic Party 2012 Internship Program
The Indiana Democratic Party is seeking talented and dedicated individuals to fill internship roles at its headquarters in Indianapolis. This is an outstanding opportunity to get hands-on experience working in the exciting office of a state political party. Positions will be awarded through a competitive application process.
If selected as an IDP intern, you will provide administrative support to state party staff and gain valuable skills and first-hand insight into the inner workings of the political process. Responsibilities may include:
- campaign research
- voter outreach
- data entry
- assistance with and visits to local campaign events
- special projects
The IDP is seeking is seeking highly motivated, self-starting students who are passionate about Democratic politics. Candidates must:
- be trustworthy and responsible
- communicate effectively with others
- have the ability to navigate and prioritize competing responsibilities
- be flexible and willing to help where needed
Start/end dates: dates are flexible, depending on your school’s schedule
Length/availability: 6 weeks minimum
- summer internships entail a minimum commitment of 30 hours/week
- school-year positions require at least 12 hours/week
Deadline: Applications are accepted on a rolling basis.
If you would like to receive college credit for this program, please make arrangements with your school ahead of time.
How to apply: