Job Title: 2018 Indiana Coordinated Campaign – Field Organizer
The Indiana Coordinated Campaign is hiring field organizers to build a diverse and robust field team in Indiana in 2018. We are looking for passionate, hardworking individuals who are committed to helping elect Hoosier Democrats up and down the ballot in November.
Field organizers will be responsible for various tasks focused on community engagement and capacity building. Organizers should be high energy, outgoing, enthusiastic, and willing to work long hours. Candidates with experience building coalitions among diverse groups of people and experience holding volunteers accountable are preferred. Field organizers report directly to a Regional Field Director.
Tasks and Responsibilities
Including, but not limited to:
- Recruit, train and manage interns and volunteers and expand the volunteer network
- Plan and manage phone banks and canvasses
- Knock on doors and make phone calls
- Amplify message, recruit volunteers and create online communities using social media platforms
- Help create a program that reflects assigned organizing regions
Required Skills & Background
- Exceptionally well organized with the ability to meet strict deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Disciplined and take a solutions-oriented approach to all tasks
- Must have access to a vehicle, a cellphone and a laptop
- Commitment to electing all Democrats on the ballot
Preferred Background & Experience
- Previous campaign experience
- Proficiency with Votebuilder/VAN
How to apply:
If interested in applying, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Field Organizer”
The Indiana Democratic Party is an equal opportunity employer and is dedicated to the achievement of equality of opportunity for all its employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, age, national origin or disability.